Pleased to meet you!
It is my pleasure to welcome you into the fold!
Let me first congratulate you! You have made a great choice! You will find that our project-based course is extremely valuable and inspiring…but even more exciting than this is our friendly instructors.
They are experts in their field and are highly motivated to help you acquire the necessary skills and knowledge it takes to become a successful Interior Decorator.
We are here to help you cultivate your creative talents and teach you how to make a space beautifully functional with our unique Design Intelligence.
I encourage you to explore our Modules with passion and curiosity as you begin to enter your decorating journey.
Set your goals high and you will get where you want to go!
It is very exciting starting a new career, or hobby or passion, but remember, you get out whatever you put into this course.
The secret to success is to communicate well with our Facebook Private Group and your instructors; you will make life-long friends here.
Interior decorating is an ‘art form’ and you will become good ‘artists’.
It is a world of visual communication. Communicate effectively! Be proud of what you do and encourage others.
To be an effective problem solver, you must listen and design according to your client’s needs.
My role as Creator and Director is to help each student reach their potential with encouragement, as well as mentoring you to find your path, which in turn, will motivate and inspire you to become a great decorator.
Our Course STANDARDS
In our course, you will build the professional skills needed to work in a creative field.
Our Facebook Private Group as well as communication to our instructors is fostered In an “Adult” environment.
To be clear, this space is an adult “virtual classroom” if you will, and student responsibilities and expectations for adult, professional behavior is as follows:
•RESPECT… FOR instructors, and EACH OTHER in FB Private Groups
• HONESTY & INTEGRITY
• COURTESY… BE KIND, HELPFUL AND CONSIDERATE
• PROFESSIONAL BEHAVIOR
• BE ACCOUNTABLE AND RESPONSIBLE FOR YOUR ACTIONS; TAKE OWNERSHIP.
• FALSIFYING WORK IS NOT PERMITTED AND WILL RESULT IN A ZERO, and you will be unable to move forward to your next module unless the assignment is done correctly.
THE PENALTY FOR PLAGIARISM or someone else doing your work COULD RESULT IN EXPULSION FROM OUR COURSE.
ROUGH WORK MAY BE REQUIRED TO PROVE THE ORIGINALITY OF YOUR WORK.
The onus is on each student to:
• Track project requirements
• Complete assignments and design projects.
• Track your own on-going academic progress
• Use email for all communication with Instructors
• Taking notes…you are responsible for all information provided in our modules and are responsible to hand in projects and assignments.